Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Cramming Like Crazy

We're nearing the end of day two of training, and it's exhausting. Turns out (for those who were worried) I ended up at a very reputable company in Korea with a high standard for its teachers. Training is where they weed people out. On the upside, the school has a lot of opportunity for advancement in all sorts of areas - marketing, research and development, management. But because I'm cramming harder than I ever did in college, I'm keeping this update brief. I have learned that I'll be teaching the "English Chip" and "Memory English" courses, which are the two most basic levels in this system (the company is a private school with its own methodology and curriculum). And as you can imagine, that means I'll be working with the youngest students - elementary and middle school. Those who know me well will also know that this doesn't come as great news to me. Eeks. Kids. Small ones. Double eeks.

Well, I have all sorts of stories about interesting people and cool places, but I just don't have time to share. Don't be offended if I'm not returning emails or writing much in the next few days, as I prepare to pass my mock teaching evaluation on Friday.

Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. I hope you love it SO much that you decide to be a teacher when you get back!! =) I have a feeling our kids are a little more w~i~L~d than the kind you'll find there but you know, you're probably a little more wild than their average teacher too.

    ReplyDelete